Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Amazing Discovery

A senior of mine in my training has a style of speaking which I like very much.Just for fun,I started to imitate his speech.To my surprise,my stammering  reduced quite a lot(though not completely gone) as I started speaking in his style.And the cool part is that I like speaking in this fashion,so I am having less difficulty to make this way of speech a habit .The problem one faces after a speech therapy is that he/she finds it difficult to speak in the taught style for longer periods of time as deep down he/she doesn't like to speak in the monotonous tone,so as time passes a pws starts speaking in the old fashion.But I ,on the other hand,am loving speaking like this.I don't know if the results are short term or long term but I am enjoying every bit of it. As my aim to imitate the speech was not for stammering point of view,I was really surprised at the fluency I am having right now.I am speaking feared words with a less difficulty,and am talking non-stop.So the feeling is great right now. And before I forget,I also want to thank my senior who unknowingly has helped me a lot and given me so much joy !!!!
So what do you think of my discovery,waiting to hear from you !!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yes it has short term benefit..once you get used to this techinque you will again start stammering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time or short time...enjoy ur fluency...this will give u the confidence

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i would say that its really a good discovery. enjoy it. stay positive and try to analyze why it is helping u so that u can understand ur stammering better. its only u who can understand ur stammering so enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dhruva ..according to me its all depend upon duration ,since how long ur doing this and ur practice to that style .. because after some time ur body pain will urge to stammer and over react even if u stammer in less important situation (iam just comparing this with my experience when i started bouncing) ....a part from this the main thing is ur enjoying what ur doing ..so enjoy wt ur doing and keep sharing

    ReplyDelete