Monday, February 28, 2011

One Leg In The Past,the other in the Future,and I pee on the Present

All bollywood fans would know that is an english translation of a dialogue from a hindi movie.But this line really suits a pws(including me).We never live in the present.Most of the time we keep thinking about our bad experiences,our feared words and what not.We keep wondering what people might think about us.And when our brain does get some time from these past thoughts,you start loading it with crap like What I am gonna do in the future?Will I ever get a job?Will i ever get a girl I like ?Will I ever be successful?etc. etc.
Now because your brain is constantly filled with these past and future thoughts,you have no time whatsoever to concentrate on the present.A conversation is like a perfomance to you,it will  either be better than your last talk(fluency wise) or it will be worse ,it will never be just a conversation.You never enjoy talking nor do you really open up and say what you want to say.You are never fully aware of what is happening all around you.You are so self absorbed that you never enjoy the present.
So,tomorrow, do a simple thing.Just concentrate on the thing at hand.Whether you are talking to someone or listening to music or just sitting alone,just concentrate on the present.You will realize how much you are missing.And when you talk with someone just concentrate what you want to say and just say it without thinking about the past or future and you will see a miracle in your speech both content wise and fluency wise !!!

As always I would love your comments and if you want to send any contribution or just contact me,you know where to find me-kathuria.dhruva@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. mera bi yahi hal rehta hai. ..mai dinbhar haklane ke bare me sochta rehta hu...smtimes i feel confident but wen i m low in conf i feel like i cant spk...i m practicng bouncng bt i get stuck inspite of voluntary stmrng....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAT IS TOASTMAKER?????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. A toastmaker is a electric machine in which you toast bread(just kidding).I guess you mean toastmaster.Google it.Toastmaster is an association which is aimed at enhancing your public speaking skills.It is not a course but an association you can join where you can improve your speaking skills at your own speed.The members are very very supportive and friendly.It is an amazing experience.You can even go there as a guest as many times you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chill out Ankit,it is normal !!!Keep on voluntary stuttering.I also start actually stuttering when I start to stammer voluntarily,it will take some time till you get control,but dont give up practicing.Have faith in yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thnks sir....n sory 4 toastmaker...actualy i mis read dat...is dere any asociation like dat in bhopal plz confrm n tel me sir...thnk u..ur sugestions nd blog motivates me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all dont call me sir,just dhruva,I searched on the net,there is no toastmasters club in Bhopal,the only club in MP is in Indore but although Toastmasters helps a lot,it is not the only solution,you can always join some english speaking courses which emphasize on public speaking and group discussions,you just need to search a bit and even if you dont find one,you can do a lot of other stuff(you can prepare speeches and speak in front of your family and even friends,trust me they will be supportive),you just need to think harder,there are a lot of options available all around you !!!!!

    ReplyDelete